Monday, April 25, 2011

Fanart: Progression

The easter bunny just hopped by, the weather is getting warmer, and midterms are here.

So far, the progression of my digital paintings has been quite like the weather.... that is to say, sluggish.
I've sketched out three of the five paintings, and have begun painting two of them.

Continuing on from the last post, I've chosen my 5 characters:


Pendergast – The Relic Chronicles
Fransisco D’Anconia – Atlas Shrugged
Sookie Stackhouse – True Blood
Wolverine – X-Men
Harry Potter – Harry Potter

I chose these characters based upon two simple things. One, I took into consideration each individual's favorite characters out of the ones they gave me. Second, I simply chose the characters that interested me the most, because I will be the one spending so much time paining them, and I do enjoy having the motivation to paint characters I'm interested in as well.
    Here's the progress so far:



    Fransisco D'Anconia

    Harry Potter

    Harry Potter detail

    Another Harry Potter

    The second Harry Potter piece was created because I had two individuals who thought of Harry as one of their favorite characters. I thought it may be interesting to explore the various projections of their identities. However, I've decided not to pursue that any longer because I'm not satisfied with the direction one of the pictures is going. 

    As always, let me know if you have any questions, comments or suggestions! Stay tuned for the next update of the project.



    1 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    I am excited to see the paintings as yo continue to work on them. I was wondering- is the progress you listed on the blog post what you showed us in class? In either case, it would be nice to see the paintings in progress posted on the blog.

    Post a Comment